POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vista and POV-Ray : Re: Vista and POV-Ray Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:32:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista and POV-Ray
From: Eudy Silva
Date: 24 Apr 2007 11:42:44
Message: <462e2574@news.povray.org>
Hi Carl,

Good to know that it worked for you too!
I had also tried, previously, to run pvengine.exe in compatibility
with XP SP2 and it failed to do animations.

I wouldn't say it is a bug in POV-Ray, better call it an incompatibility
with Vista's new themes features. Anyway, it is something the developers
(great guys, aren't they?) should know about.

Regarding the missing backslahes, guess that doubling them will
work (seems it looks like the C language, in which a backslash introduces
an escape sequence).
Let's try:
C:\\Program Files\\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\\bin\\pvengine.exe
http:\\\\www.povray.org (I typed 4 backslashes here)

OK! So, to get this \\ you have to type this \\\\

Regards

Eudy